Friday, June 29, 2007

The Fourth of July

Here we are coming up on one of the biggest holidays in America and I have not even got the heart to care. I used to be one of those gung-ho, do or die Americans who painted her nails red, white, and blue every year. I hung a flag out and decorated my house. This year, however, I am having a hard time getting into the whole thing. It seems that for all those years I was more into it than any other person I knew, and the fact that most of them don't even vote..well lets not get me started on that!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Most people these days only have fireworks and barbeque's, watermelon and family on their minds when it comes to the fourth. They seem to have forgotten that it is our anniversary. We declared ourselves a free and independant nation on this day! We have men and women fighting for us, for our lives. Risking their own in battle for something we never give two seconds thought to. I feel that this is sad and wish I could do more than bitch about it on here. I speak my mind, I say how I feel. I was given that right. When is everyone else going to realize that it is a privelege that was earned for us?
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
Come on people! Show some respect! Not only for your boss, your fellow man but for your whole damned nation!!

1 comment:

Denise said...

That is some of the best writing you have done to date, dearie. Oh by the way, it's privilege, not privelege. Repeat after me: Spell-check is my friend!!! I love you. See ya on the fourth.