Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Way Things Are

There is no way I can describe how hectic things have been lately. Lets begin with baseball. I have 2 boys playing this wonderful, all-american sport. Do you know what that gets me? Sunburns and an empty gas tank, all my money being spent on concession stand items and a sore throat for yelling at the umpire. Those boys are paid good money to make good calls and yet they can't seem to manage it. Now my boys are doing well. The older is in the play-offs and has already won his first game. We are ranked 3rd due to a couple of forfeit games (that were totally bogus, by the way) and the top ranked team is one that we would have beaten if it weren't for having to declare a forfeit. I know we would have beat them because we still played them, we just played them for fun. I kept score hehehe. My younger boy is just in T-ball and is doing well at learning the rules of the game. Rules like don't pick up the ball after you hit it and which base to run to when you hit the ball. T-ball, I have found, it the greatest sport on the planet. All the fun of Comedy Central but with preschool age children. The parents at these games however, can be way to competitive. For crying out loud, every child gets to hit the ball and run around the bases; yet you have parents in the stands screaming at there kids to "get that ball" "run faster" etc.... It is a complete waste of breathe if you ask me. THIS IS A GAME PEOPLE AND THESE KIDS CAN'T EVEN TIE THEIR OWN SHOES YET!! I believe that this is why kids go crazy with guns. Parents who put too much pressure on them to be the best. There is one mother (who is a friend so I shall leave her name out of this) who has told her son that he must run after and get every ball. He even knocked a little girl over and stole the ball out of her hand the other day! STUPID! STUPID! STUPID!
Ok..enough on that subject because I am getting mad again. On to another subject. Lets try college. Everyone knows that I am taking classes online so that I can stay home with the kids. That was a really bad decision! These beautiful children that I gave birth to..well they are so loud that I have to wait until the middle of the night (when they finally go to sleep) to study. The kids get up at the butt crack of dawn, so my total sleeping hours have dropped from 6 hours to approximately 2. That's right. You are now looking at a sleep-deprived insane woman. I have upgraded that much! As for my classes, they are suffering as well. I am still making A's but I feel that I need to be putting more work into them and I just can't seem to care about it. All I can think of is a nap. The other students in my class are all idiots. They can't spell, use of improper english is running rampant, and there is going to come a time very soon where I explode and just tell them all what I think of their abilities to compose a sentence that makes sense. Anyone who knows me at all, knows that my biggest peeve is proper spelling and grammer. There is not a single person in my class, other than myself, who can string two sentences together and do it right. Ok so this is another bad topic for me today...lets move on!
My husband, wonderful man that he is, is due to have another operation on the 10th of July. Keep in mind that in the past year he has had his gall bladder and his appendix removed. This time it is a hernia. I tease him that he is falling apart and I should really trade him in for a younger model. The truth is however, that his surgeon should have removed his appendix while she was grabbing his gall bladder. To top it off, she knew about the hernia when she was in there removing his appendix. Why this woman cannot seem to do it all at once is a mystery to me. I have decided that she is so money hungry that she would risk the health of her patients just to milk another surgery out of them, fully believing that the patient will come right back to her. Well, let me tell you, my husband won't be. I have made that clear to him. If he has any other problems, I have informed him that he will be finding someone else to tend to them. She is a fake and a complete "witch" and her bedside manner leaves ALOT to be desired. There is nothing good about this doctor and her greed outweighs her desire for healthy patients. that is aweful.
Ok. I believe I have let you in on all my latest news, complete with rant. I will, therefore, let you go about your life and may it bring you all the joy you desire and all the desire that you can handle.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Your dad says the surgeon isn't greedy; she's jealous! She's trying to steal your husband one piece at a time!