Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Lawn Mower Sale

A preacher was making his rounds to his
parishioners on a bicycle, when he came upon a
little boy trying to sell a lawn mower. "How much do
you want for the mower?" asked the preacher.
"I just want enough money to go out and
buy me a bicycle", said the little boy. After a
moment of consideration, the preacher asked, "Will
you take my bike in trade for it?"
The little boy asked if he could try it
out first, and after riding the bike around a little
while said, "Mister, you've got yourself a deal."
The preacher took the mower and began to
try to crank it. He pulled on the string a few times
with no response from the mower. The preacher called
the little boy over and said, "I can't get this
mower to start."
The little boy said, "That's because
you have to cuss at it to get it started.
The preacher said, "I am a minister,
and I cannot cuss. It has been so long since I have
been saved that I do not even remember how to cuss."
The little boy looked at him happily and
said, "Just keep pulling on that string. It'll come
back to ya!"

No comments: