Thursday, September 20, 2007

Old Age Is Creeping

I just have this sneaking suspicion that old age is creeping up on me. I hear footsteps but when I turn around, no one is there. I feel breath on the back of my neck, but again, no one. It is really starting to freak me out to be honest with y'all. I am too young for that sort of thing. I am only 30 but I have managed to screw up my back this week to the point where I have been in bed for 2 days. I am not handling this well. I know that back problems run in my family but I was hoping I was immune to that sort of thing. Sounds like a pipe dream I know but still, if there is one thing I was hoping to avoid that is genetic, it would be the back pains. When my husband has to take care of everything after working all day, I find that to be repugnant. There is no reason he should have to cook dinner and tend to the kids while I lay in bed with my back makes me into a big cry baby. Of all the things that are genetic in my family; from diabetes to arthritis, cancer to depression; I loathe this one the most. The others can either be treated or managed in some way while this just leaves me feeling helpless and worthless all at the same time.

1 comment:

Denise said...

Trust me, darlin', if this were genetic, it would have shown up before now. You've probably just pulled a muscle or pinched a nerve. Get some muscle relaxers from your Dr. and rest for a couple of days. The kids are old enough to help daddy with the chores (at least the two oldest ones are). You may have inherited a weak back, but not a defective one. By the way, you didn't call back the other day.